I think I have reached a point in my life where I can confidently say that I have mastered the art of Omlette Making (you could throw in a "healthy" and a "vegetarian" in there, if you will). It took a while (a few years to be precise) but I'm glad I am finally there :P
So, without further do, here it is:
1/2 small onion (1/4th if big)
1/2 small tomato (the firmer the better)
coupla green chillies (smallest Jalapeneos you can find in Alby's)
1/4th green bell pepper (optional)
1/4th orange bell pepper (optional)
ginger paste (optional)
3-4 teaspoons of olive oil (butter if, I'm bad)
Salt and Pepper to taste
grated chese (if, I'm bad)
*Optional: may be dropped with no loss of functionality and little loss of taste.
**I'm bad indicates you are a fitness freak like me and would prefer not to use it.
1. Chop onion into REALLY small pieces (cubes). Do same with bell peppers and tomato.
2. Chop green chillies into thin rings.
3. Pour few drops olive oil in an average size saucepan. Heat a little.
4. Add onions, green chillies and ginger paste saute for 1-2 mins.
4. Then add tomatoes, bell peppers and saute. Squeeze lime.
5. After a few mins, collect all that in a plate and place aside.
6. Beat two eggs really well (the more forthy, the better).
7. Take a little olive oil (butter if, I'm bad) in a sauce pan (I use the same one as before) and spread it around. Heat for a few mins, then turn heat very low.
8. Add beaten eggs, and cook on low. Close the sauce pan with a cover (this is THE KEY, allows the top side of the omlette to be STEAM COOKED, as well).
9. open the cover and add the sauted veggies in the center of the omlette. Add grated cheese on top (if, I'm bad).
10. Fold the omlette in a three fold (fold from two ends, so that they meet in the middle.
11. cook on low flame with cover for a couple more minutes.
12. Enjoy with ketchup, or a mixture of ketchup and mustard!!
1. Drop all optional items
2. Dont fry veggies separately. Just add them raw to beaten eggs.
3. But remember to cook on low flame with cover.
4. Turn omlette around, after cooking one side for about 3-4 mins.